TO: MACHABENG COMMUNITY
RE: UPDATE ON THE RUNNING OF THE REMAINING ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020
Following the emergency closure of the school on 18th March 2020, the school rescheduled learning to be online. We took an Easter break from online learning on 8th April 2020. Below is an update for the way forward:
- Machabeng College resume Online learning on 22nd April 2020. Parents kindly ensure your child has data to enable them attend online classes. These are for S1-S4 and DP1.
- Regular school will open on 6th May 2020. This will be confirmed based on government directives.
- Students are advised to continue revision in preparation for summative assessment. They should consult with their subject teachers. When school opens, students will be given an exam schedule for the running of the assessment period. This End of Year assessment will cover all the content students have covered in each taught subject.
- S5 and DP2 will need to clear with the school. This will take place 11th to 15th May 2020. On 11th May 2020, they will have meetings with their respective Co-ordinators at 9am. S5 will be in Room 14 and DP2 will be in the School Theatre. DP2 Boarders will do their clearance during this period and they will be allowed to stay at the boarding house as they do their clearance.
- Graduation for DP2 will be communicated at a later date. The scheduled date will be subject to government directives on the lockdown.
- Interviews for DP1 August 2020 intake will take place 18th to 28th May 2020. S5 will be expected to do their application during the week of 11th May 2020.
Thank you for your continued support during this period. Stay safe.
Download the letter: UPDATE ON THE RUNNING OF THE REMAINING ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020